VMware Cloud Community
benmonty
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble downloading CLI for Linux

I'm having trouble downloading the ESX 5.1 CLI for Linux.  When I click on the download link I get an error saying the file is not avaiable.  I'm using the free ESX license, do you have to have a paid license to get the CLI?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello and welcome to the communities.

There were problems reported earlier with other downloads. Keep trying and hopefully it will work soon.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
EclipseAgent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's been several days and I'm unable to download the vSphere 5 or 5.1 vCLI packages.

0 Kudos
benmonty
Contributor
Contributor

The download is working now!

0 Kudos
matthewboeckman
Contributor
Contributor

Download is no longer working.

0 Kudos
Alican201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Is it really hard to provide a download link without registering to your website?

I did registration but now: I can't download it because link doesn't work!!! I got super pissed off.

btw: why vmware team keep changing name of the products? What hepnend to esxi? why they decided to call it differently?

0 Kudos
luisbe
Contributor
Contributor

The direct link did not work for me either, but then I went to the search box, entered CLI, pressed search, et voila: Linux and Windows installers appeared ready to be downloaded.

0 Kudos