VMware {code} Community
msherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how to force reread of vmware.keystore?

Hello,

We have a service that uses the VI SDK. If we add an additional certificate to the vmware.keystore file, we need to restart the service in order for the additional certificate to be used. Is there any way to avoid having to restart the service?

thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ssurana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Marc,

Which "service" are you referring to here?

As far as I know the vmware.keystore is used initially when you run a Java sample which tries to connect to a server and it then looks into the keystore for the relevant certificate.

If you add another certificate to the keystore it will automatically be available the next time you run the sample.

Apart from this there is no need to restart any service. Maybe if you can explain your situation here i can then help.

~ Sidharth

0 Kudos
msherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Sidharth,

My company has developed a service which communicates with Virtual Center using the VI SDK. Since this is a service, it's meant to run continuously. The problem is that when a customer adds a certificate to the vmware.keystore file, they must restart the service in order for the new certificate to be used. Our customers would prefer that our service use the new certificate without restarting it in order to avoid service interruptions.

Marc

0 Kudos