VMware Cloud Community
WarlockArg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Error with Host Update Utility when I scan for patches

Hi,

I'm trying to use Host Update Utility to update my ESXi server 4.0 to ESXi 4.0 Update 1, but I get the following error when I press the button "Scan For Patches". The error is "An error has ocurred. Download failed". So, I began to search in the communities if someone had had the same error and I think the problem is due to I have install my VI Client and Host Update Utility in a Windows XP SPANISH version. Could be the language I'm using in my OS (spanish) the cause of that problem?

I tell you I'm not using any kind of proxys. I'm in a private network and between internet and I is only a router. I'm can navigate all around internet without any problems and I don't have any restriction about what ports I use. The router is only for NAT.

The other question is. Viewing the configuration file of HUU (settings.config) I see the URL for "RemoteDepot" variable is "https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/PRODUCTION/index.xml". Is this URL correct or VMware has changed it?

Thanks in advance.

Warlock.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
c_pradelli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Host Update Utility doesn't work with windows XP spanish, you need to install Windows Vista Profesional Spanish.

I think that vmware doesn't care spanish people. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bhushan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The URL looks correct. There should be some connection problem in your case. If you are able to access other internet services from the same hosts, try to check you internet security settings if they are medium-low.

0 Kudos
c_pradelli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Host Update Utility doesn't work with windows XP spanish, you need to install Windows Vista Profesional Spanish.

I think that vmware doesn't care spanish people. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Shnitzel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Check out this ESX4 Patch Management link

Since you are talking of ESXi servers, you may want to have a peek at this - How to access the VMware ESXi hidden console

Hope this helps...

Radda!

0 Kudos