VMware Cloud Community
GheeSeong
Contributor
Contributor

Is vSphere Update Manager databases different from SQL Server databases created while Install the vCenter

Is vSphere Update Manager databases different from SQL Server databases created while Install the vCenter?

If the databases for update manager is required 32 bit DSN....but when i install the vCenter5 i already install 64 bit DSN (database: SQL Server 2008)...then is i need to reinstall again in same server?

From what i understand, if i install SQL Express version...I no need to configured the DSN when i install vSphere Update Manager...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
john23
Commander
Commander

afalk , its require a different database, and should work with 64 bit DSN

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
beckham007fifa

no need to install SQL again, only thing you have to do is create another db for VUM, follow the same procedure how you have created for Vcenter server. And then create a 32 bit dsn and install vum pointing to the VUM db.

Regards, ABFS
beckham007fifa

SQL express comes with vcenter installable SDK package so you don't have to create anything there but it has limitation of max 4 hosts.

You can install sql2008 and create 2 db with different users with appropriate permission through commands or through studio and create 2 DSN, one for vcenter server - 64bit and another for VUM - 32bit.

There are queries given in installables itself if you are conformtable with sql or oracle

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos