VMware Cloud Community
FerdinandG
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade vSphere 6.7 -> 7.0 license costs ?

Hello,

my organisation is running a medium sized installation of one vCenter server and a number of CPUs licensed for vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus . The whole thing is in dire need of an upgrade to the next major release of the software. From what I know we are paying a yearly "support and subscription" contract for everything.

Since I sort of "inherited" this configuration from previous employees I'm kinda new to everything concerning VMware licensing ...

According to our account in the VMware costumer portal our licences are "upgradable". So my question is: Is such an upgrade covered by what we already pay to VMware, or does simply clicking on "upgrade" lead to additional costs?

Excuse me if this is a rather awkward question. I'd assume there are no additional costs involved. But I wanted to make sure before doing this.

Thank you for any advice!

Cheers

Ferdinand

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

An active subscription fully covers upgrades, i.e. no additional licensing costs for such licenses.

André

FerdinandG
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you André! 😁

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Without going into too many words, once you have "support and maintenance" in its active state, upgrading to later versions for each of the covered products does not incur additional costs. 

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
Christopher36
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have access to your specific account information or pricing.
And While searching for it online, I also discovered a borrow app, where I can apply for a loan and then accept it. That application has drawn my attention because I need a loan.
0 Kudos