VMware Cloud Community
powadha
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading 5.0 to 5.1 SSO struggle

I'm in the process of upgrading my lab from 5.0 to 5.1 but run into some trouble.

After SSO installation my domain was not auto found. I added the domain as in the kb article and it connects fine. Set it on top of Default Domain and went on with installing Inventory Service.

Now when it comes to entering the SSO information and I use my AD name it tells me the user has't got enough privileges to peform administrative actions.

When I log back into SSO using the web client (with admin@system-domain) I can see in the SSO Users and Goups only admin under Users but my AD name is shown under the Locked & Disabled Users but Locked and Disabled both show 'NO'. When I edit the user the permission is shown as Administrator user.

Strangly (or not) when I click OK the error: The specified principal ({Name: ADuser, Domain: System-Domain}) is invalid. Well that makes sence since the ADuser is not part of system-domain.

So is something wrong or should I just install Inventory Service with admin@system-domain? Seems that it should accept my ADname...

Any help?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
powadha
Contributor
Contributor

Well, went to groups, selected Administrators and add Principal. Selected my AD in Identity source and added my ADname.

Works, can install Inventory Service now...Not sure if this was the correct way though?

Regards

0 Kudos