VMware Cloud Community
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Virtualised vSphere

Hi,

I try to install vSphere 8 as VM in my environment (also v8) to test it. The installation was done without any issues and the ESXi is working as it should (mostly in default settings). Then I try to install the vCenter to it and found that the vCenter hasn't connectivity to the network (the second stage was unpossible to finish from UI while it doesn't had the needed network connectivity - but the VCSA was running without issues on the virtualised ESXi).

I check all pings:

• from ESXi to Gateway, vCenter VCSA, or any other devices on network - ALL OK
  • from vCenter to ESXi - OK
  • from vCenter to gateway - not working

Also has check the routes and they looks for me OK. For me looks all Ok and don't understand why it doesn't work in the virtualised environment.

Please has any one some experience with virtualised vSphere and where can be the problem?

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It might be that you haven't adjusted the default security policy within the nested ESXi.

See the "How to Setup a Nested ESXi Lab Networking" section of this article: https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2020/09/nested-esxi-lab-build-networking-and-hardware/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

it seems you have an issue with the assigned port group to the management interface of the VC is not tagged properly or it is not mapped to proper virtual switch with same uplinks.

Or the gateway configuration on the VC is wrong.

Please check the above and let me know.

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
Mortuza1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

is thevCenter FQDN resolving properly?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It might be that you haven't adjusted the default security policy within the nested ESXi.

See the "How to Setup a Nested ESXi Lab Networking" section of this article: https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2020/09/nested-esxi-lab-build-networking-and-hardware/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog