VMware Cloud Community
gabomedina83
Contributor
Contributor

fail to upgrade VCSA 6.7.0.54000 TO 7.0.3.01600

hi

I've been trying to update VCSA from 6.7.0.54000 to 7.0.3.01600 for hours and I always have the same failure, my dns records are correct and I'm sure I don't have duplicate IP's but the migration wizard in phase 2 always gives me the following error

gabomedina83_0-1692135042581.png

apparently the new VSCA cannot change the ip to the original one, I tried to do the migration with a static temporary ip and by DHCP and I always have the same error, thanks and I hope you can help me

0 Kudos
6 Replies
markey165
Expert
Expert

Hi @gabomedina83 

I've just updated 6.7.0.54000 to 7.0.3.01200 in my lab which didn't hit this issue. Slighly different V7 build, so I know that doesn't directly help, but it might be worth trying an older build to rule this out, then updating to the latest build.

Alternatively have a look at this article (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/56434), its the same issue in a 6.7 to 6.7 upgrade scenario, but the workaround at the bottom might help resolve your issue. Failing that a call to support would probably be prudent in working this towards a resolution!

HTH 😊

Contributor
Contributor

hi markey ,  At this moment I have just tried the same version that you used for your update and the error is the same, I had already tried the KB commands a few hours ago with the same result, thank you very much for the suggestions

0 Kudos
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert

Any specific reason for not using VAMI interface for upgrade?

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
markey165
Expert
Expert

Can you use the VAMI for a 6.7 to 7.0 upgrade? I thought that was just for patching to newer builds?

Contributor
Contributor

Hi Markey, thanks for your interest, I confirm that VAMI cannot be used to change from VCSA 6.7 to 7, I kept investigating the original error and found what is the problem , all esxi nodes on announce the MAC of the ip of the vcenter and that's why it gives the ip error, it's not clear to me if officially the esxi nodes must be turned off to perform the upgrade

0 Kudos
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert

There is no need to turn off the ESXi to perform the upgrade.

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos