VMware Horizon Community
SanderMors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a (best practice concerning the) maximum Appstack volume Size?

:smileyinfo: I can not seem to find any specific recommendations regarding the maximum size of an appstack.

We want to create a template file of 50GB or even more. Anyone experience with this scenario?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The default template size is 20GB so if you are to create an appstack that is 50Gb you will need to create a new template with 50GB disk space.

I have heard of writable volumes (not appstacks, I know, but still its just as a reference) that are 100GB large. The maximum file size of the appstack, for as far as I can see, is limited to the file size VMWare supports (somewhere in the terabytes?? Anyone?). So my guess is that 50GB should be easily doable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The default template size is 20GB so if you are to create an appstack that is 50Gb you will need to create a new template with 50GB disk space.

I have heard of writable volumes (not appstacks, I know, but still its just as a reference) that are 100GB large. The maximum file size of the appstack, for as far as I can see, is limited to the file size VMWare supports (somewhere in the terabytes?? Anyone?). So my guess is that 50GB should be easily doable.