VMware Horizon Community
CMGordon
Contributor
Contributor

Snagit 2023

Not so much a question but in case anyone else was hitting this issue since I've had little luck locating other guidance for Snagit (2023) in VDI with App Volumes.

Ran the Snagit Customization tool based on the Install Snagit on Remote Desktop Services guide, minus a few changes for the capture save location. This was for a single license key for bulk/multi-user. 
"https://assets.techsmith.com/Docs/Install-Snagit-2023-on-Remote-Desktop-Services.pdf"

Most other posts and discussions I've seen does not mention this last piece or guidance for actually launching the Snagit capture application before completing the capture as the license files do not generate to the %PUBLIC%\Techsmith folder until it is launched. Once that was done and then the capture completed and assigned, Snagit began working without issue. Added that folder path on the Import/Export in DEM for good measure and so far so good with Snagit in VDI.

Went back to look at that folder path after glossing over it a time or two, error logs that were being generated pertaining to licensing and compared the file location to a desktop install which did have the license files there where the VDI did not. Then just went off a hunch about launching it to generate the license files on the capture machine.

Hopefully this helps anyone else doing a Snagit capture with App Volumes.

Tags (1)
1 Reply
AVillodre
Contributor
Contributor

We haven't run into this problem but I'll forward it to the IT department just in case we run into this use case, as it has been discussed before. Thanks a lot for sharing it.