VMware Horizon Community
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Storage Group Replication

Just a quick question about automated replication.

I have noticed that occasionally an app stack will auto replicate to all storage in a storage group, as soon as the stack is created. Maybe that's just coincidence in timing. Other times, I have to use the replicate button in the storage group menu, which I am reluctant to do because I assume it's replicating everything (in case there may be changes).

Is there some timing? Can I force just replication of a single appstack, say using a command line on the server?

Just for reference, we use only local flash storage on the hosts for non-persistent linked clones, so we need to replicate for all machines to see the stack.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

the timing is every 4 hours and no its not configurable. You can force replication but not for a single AppStack. However if there is only one new one added and you force a replication, it will only replicate the one new one Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I haven't timed it exactly but to me it seems to be an automated process which is timed. It does only look for disks that are fully provisoned. When provisioning it won't copy the disk.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

the timing is every 4 hours and no its not configurable. You can force replication but not for a single AppStack. However if there is only one new one added and you force a replication, it will only replicate the one new one Smiley Wink

0 Kudos