VMware Cloud Community
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vNet/Subnet in Cloud SSDC

Hello experts

During VMC SDDC deployment, do we need to create any vnet or subnet on in cloud SDDC or On-premise?

Regards

PK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdinisoae
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sure, you can delete default segment and create new segments based on your needs.

Here below you can find more information about Network and Security on VMC on AWS (network diagram representation, requirements and network address reservations):

NSX Networking Concepts (vmware.com)

MDINISOAE Please mark "Helpful" or "Correct Answer" if my answer satisfies your query.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mdinisoae
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

A Single Host Starter SDDC is created with a single routed network segment named sddc-cgw-network-1

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-on-AWS/services/com.vmware.vmc-aws-networking-security/GUID-...

mdinisoae_0-1707558015847.png

mdinisoae_1-1707558225483.png

MDINISOAE Please mark "Helpful" or "Correct Answer" if my answer satisfies your query.
0 Kudos
fa318991
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The integration of vNet/Subnet in Cloud SSDC represents a substantial advancement in cloud infrastructure management. This architecture allows green community segmentation and useful resource allocation, enhancing security and performance in virtualized environments. For the ones looking to undertake control challenge ideas, exploring the implementation and optimization of vNet/Subnet configurations within Cloud SSDC should provide valuable insights into modern-day project management assignment ideas.

0 Kudos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Spoiler
Thanks for the response.
If we have two host SDDC,  I believe we need to delete the default single routed network segment named sddc-cgw-network-1?

In order to connect and deploy VMC on AWS, I understand that we would require the management CIDR and that must be one of 3 available sizes: /16, /20 or /23. However, do we just need to configure the CIDR or else CIDR segmentation(define various subnets) is also necessary?

0 Kudos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response!

In a multihost SDDC, do we need to delete the existing single routed netwrok segment sddc-cgw-network-1? Moreover, is it important to create logical network segments for the compute workloads?

I understand that we would require the management CIDR and that must be one of 3 available sizes: /16, /20 or /23. However, do we just need to configure the CIDR or else CIDR segmentation(define various subnets) is also necessary?

Regards

PK

0 Kudos
mdinisoae
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sure, you can delete default segment and create new segments based on your needs.

Here below you can find more information about Network and Security on VMC on AWS (network diagram representation, requirements and network address reservations):

NSX Networking Concepts (vmware.com)

0 Kudos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

In a Single-Host SDDC starter configuration, we create a compute network with a single routed segment. In this case we can create the delete default segment without any issue right?

For the Management CIDR we can use /16 block however, what about the compute network, do I need to create the CIDR range as well?

Once the VM got migrated to VMC cloud will it be on the same subnet range or else SDDC will reconfigure the VM network?

For the VCDR, Do I need to again create the new Management and compute Network CIDR block or else I can leverage the existing CIDR range that we have created during SDDC deployment?

In this case, VMC SDDC is my recovery side and on-premise is my protected site. However, do we need to create the new Management, Compute and DR proxy subnet range or else we can leverage our existing network settings?

9990374530_0-1708692285387.png

0 Kudos