VMware Cloud Community
vmGreat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Convert task failed on Converter 4.0

I was trying to convert Windows Server Standart 2003 SP1 machine to VMWare Intrastructure VM, but it failed with message:

FAILED: converter.agent.internal.fault.PlatformError.summary

There was no any problems during configuration of the task. Log file is attached.

I have to convert the machine as soon as possible, because I will have to return computers back soon. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paragsha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

From your logs, I believe you are trying to do remote p2v. The problem is that there is no connection from your remote machine (laptop) to gi1esx1.gosinform.ru (your ESX).This is a fairly common problem where your ESX is connected to the machine you installed converter on, but not to the remote machine.

You will need to make sure that gi1esx1.gosinform.ru:902 is rechable from your laptop.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
paragsha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

From your logs, I believe you are trying to do remote p2v. The problem is that there is no connection from your remote machine (laptop) to gi1esx1.gosinform.ru (your ESX).This is a fairly common problem where your ESX is connected to the machine you installed converter on, but not to the remote machine.

You will need to make sure that gi1esx1.gosinform.ru:902 is rechable from your laptop.

0 Kudos
vmGreat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found it out by myself later that day, but still thanks a lot! Next time I should read checklists better..

0 Kudos