VMware Cloud Community
Rotella
Contributor
Contributor

Error 29163 is still here

Hello everybody,

the old issue about geting Error 29163 during the installation has never been answered.

I keep getting "Error 29163. Could not copy file c:\windows\temp\converter-agent.xml.", and the installation process is rolled back.

My pcis a freshly installed Win7 64bit, and I'm trying to install latest vwersion of Converter (VMware-converter-en-6.0.0-2716716.exe) in standalone mode.

Does anyone have any idea?

Lina R. from Italy

0 Kudos
9 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There must be vm*log files in %TEMP% folder, could you upload them?

0 Kudos
kottes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I asked for the same problem a solution. I uploaded the logfiles

Koos

0 Kudos
kottes
Contributor
Contributor

and second logfile

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see error 120 while executing copy operation from your %TMP% folder to %ALLUSERSPROFILE% folder and this error means "Security settings denied access to the source."

I've recommend you to turn off UAC and use elevated administrator or use local "administrator" user to install agent.

HTH

0 Kudos
kottes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I do now have activated UAC and I was logged in as Administrator.  It does also not help …….

Thanks for suggestion

Koos

0 Kudos
kottes
Contributor
Contributor

It was : I do NOT have activated UAC

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you have any antivirus program?

You can try to convert your machine with Converter (latest one is 6.0) which is not included in Fusion, this will require some additional effort to ensure open ports.

HTH

0 Kudos
kottes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I use microsoft Essentials, no other antivirus software. Microsoft defender is disabled.

My latest version of VM converter  is 5.0 .I did hope that the newest version  of VMware-FusionPCMigrationAgent-5.1.2-2233062. would do it better to convert the windows 7 machine. I want that with all installed programms to test windows 10 upgrade.

Thanks for reaction. Koos

0 Kudos
javan32
Contributor
Contributor

It is a profile issue of some sort. I had this same issue. I logged in as the local admin account and was able to reinstall the converter. For me the issue started after I uninstalled 5.1, installed 4 to convert a 2000 box, uninstalled 4 then went to install 5.1 again. 

0 Kudos