VMware Cloud Community
ufo8mydog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Accessing vmware senior support for ongoing SR

Hi there

I don't mean to complain, but... I've had an ESX4 memory issue in our environment for quite a while - the first SR was opened in April. We waited to see if ESX4 would fix the issue but it didn't.

If anyone from VMWare is reading this, is there a process to escalate the SR to a more senior support team? It seems to me that the support is still stuck at level one. The staff member even hinted once that it was an issue he had seen before. I would be happy to message the SR number privately.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

the best advise I can give you is to call VMware Support again, ask for a Duty Manager and have him/her escalate to a Senior TSE.

.....have you tried explaining your situation here? You may find that someone in these forums can resolve your problem as well.

0 Kudos
ufo8mydog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Troy, I didn't want to appear rude or pushy with the SR is all, so I'm thinking there may be a more subtle way of getting the support.

I've already asked the forums (http://communities.vmware.com/thread/203291 if you are interested) but from the silence I assume this to be a more difficult engineering challenge that requires deeper analysis of the logs. I've seen a few other posts on the forums with the same issue so I don't think it is isolated to our pretty standard Poweredge/ Equallogic iSCSI environment.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I have found that you have to be pushy. This is your environment and it is affecting production. VMware Support is good, you just have to get the right TSE, and I have found it is usually a Senior TSE. If your SR has been open since April and you haven't found a resolution, calling VMware Support and asking for an escalation is not being pushy.

0 Kudos