VMware Cloud Community
CMV_Xhander
Contributor
Contributor

Adding an ESXi host to vCenter Server - Authenticity of host SSL certificate is not verified

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to the VMware Esxi virtual environment, and hope someone would be willing to assist me 🙂

I came across a strange error and wonder if anyone has came across the same problem and if anyone has a fix to resolve the issue?

It is regarding Esxi 5.5

I have 2 hosts that I wanted to add to the vCenter Server server.

The one host added fine without any problems, but the second host give the following error.

pastedImage_0.png

The hosts and the vCenter Server's DNS settings are the same.

I have tried the fix in the following url : VMware Knowledge Base  , but that did not resolve the ssl error.

Thank you in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
4 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

change the certificate mode on vcenter to thumbprint

Change the Certificate Mode

0 Kudos
CMV_Xhander
Contributor
Contributor

Hi msripada,

First of all thank you for taking the time to assist its much appreciated 🙂

Strange thing is that I do not see that option available to change?

pastedImage_0.png

I have disassociated both the hosts again, rebooted the vCenter server and re-added both hosts with the one giving the ssl error again.

pastedImage_1.png

I have also double check the time on the 2 hosts and the vCenter server and they are all correct..

Thank you in advance for any further guidance or advice!

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

If you have a windows-based vCenter server please connect to the local system certificate by MMC and check any related added certificate there. Are there any certificates about that ESXi host or any similar IP address the same as your host?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
CMV_Xhander
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Amim,

Thank you, unfortunately it is not MS Windows based vCenter server.

I deployed an .ovm as a virtual on one of the host servers.

Thanks again for your post 🙂 

0 Kudos