VMware Cloud Community
Vichu
Contributor
Contributor

Cloud

All,

I have vCenter server4, vSphere 4 and vSphere client installed on my systems. Couple of VMs(bothe Windows and Linux) running on this environment. I have questions here,

1. How do I form a cloud using vSphere?

2. Then, How do I give access to external people to get an advantages of cloud environment ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

first of all I think your question and the info you gave is very limited. A cloud is not something you can form or a tickbox you can tick within vSphere. Cloud computing is a concept and there are tools / software that can help you realise a cloud, but there is more to it than just a single tickbox.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator | VCP | VCDX

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
Vichu
Contributor
Contributor

ohh... Sorry I am very new to cloud computing. People around me talking about private cloud and public cloud. So I thought that something which we need to form. One more question here is, How do I let the people, who do not have vSphere environment, access my tools/applications in a cloud environment?.Meaning, Software as a Service (SaaS).

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

No need to apologize. How would you normally have people access their applications? Forget about the term "cloud" for now, forget about the "virtual layer" ... these are merely concepts / tools to provide a service to your end customer. Normally a customer would never touch the vSphere environment or client, they don't even need to know it's running virtual. Giving access to a desktop or an application doesn;t change because of the virtual layer.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator | VCP | VCDX

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
HughBorg707
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I just had a flashback of "the information superhighway" phrase. Smiley Happy People mean well but the media just hypes it so much... 😕

0 Kudos
HughBorg707
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Vichu,

Are you hosting anything different than you were before or just moving your current infrastructure to virtual?

0 Kudos
Vichu
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we planned to move our infrastructure to virtual...So I am just experimenting things in vSphere (evaluation) before we move.

0 Kudos