VMware Cloud Community
insureme
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dual-Monitor support on a virtual machine

I've jsut recently started working with VM. One of my first tasks is to enhance out Citrix Farm by bringing up two more citrix servers in virtualization. This i've done. it works great too, however some people have started asking about dual monitors. 99% of my environment is run through thinclients. what i've found is when a user is logged into one of the physical citrix servers there is no issue with the dual-monitors, however when they are logged into one of the virtual citrix servers the dual monitor acts as if it's one screen instead of a true dual monitor. Is there a way to setup the virtual machine to support dual monitors. I was trying to edit the machine settings under the video card, however when i change it to support 2 monitors and click OK, it just changes it back to one. Anyone have any pointers on how this could be achieved or if i'm barking up the wrong tree?

We help those in need so when we are in need we'll be helped. Isn't that what IT people are for.

We help those in need so when we are in need we'll be helped. Isn't that what IT people are for.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

your best bet on this is going to be 3rd party. Other than using the /span option in RDP you may want to look at something like http://www.splitview.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

your best bet on this is going to be 3rd party. Other than using the /span option in RDP you may want to look at something like http://www.splitview.com/

0 Kudos
insureme
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Troy, that worked nicely. Now if I can find an equivilent application thats a little cheaper. I also tried the /span. doesn't work. that's what we're already getting is a spanned monitor. Know of anything like split screen that might be cheaper, or better yet, Free Smiley Wink

0 Kudos