VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

ESXi not reconnecting after VUM Reboot?

I'm in the process of applying the latest updates to my ESXi 5.1 servers via VUM and I'm noticing that after the host reboots I have to manually reconnect the host to virtual center.  After this happens, the ESXi host usually disconnects the second time which results in a second manual reconnect.

After the second manual reconnect everything appears as normal.

All the ESXi hosts and the vCenter/VUM are on the subnet so there shouldn't be any firewalls in play here.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert

Are you using Auto Deploy?

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

What I am doing is manually placing the ESXi host in maintenance mode and then using VUM to auto deploy the latest updates.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

as part of the remediation process, the VMs should be evacuated from the host and then the host place in MM.  Have you tried to allow the remediation process go through from start to finish, which would include the entering and existing of MM before the remediation task becomes 100% complete.

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

I never thought of that.  Like I said, I always put my host in MM before remediating.  I'll try this over the next day or so and see if it helps.

0 Kudos