VMware Cloud Community
Nexent1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Getting a "Validation not applicable at this time." message when trying to create a datastore?

I have a new HP ML150 G6 server with a single HD. This is a test machine and we are just learning about VMware. We have installed EXSi 4.0 Installable on the server and vSphere on a desktop as the manager computer. We can comment and view the machine with no problem.

When we attempt to create a Virtual Machine, we cannot get past the Datastore are are seeing a message "Validation not applicable at this time." presented in the compatibility window. This would seem to imply that the datastore device or controller is not compatible with VMware ESXi 4.0? I did check the HP site and it lists the ML150 G6 as compatible.

I am contacting my HP rep as this machine was purchased specifically for VMware testing, but I was also wondering if I am missing something obvious in the configuration?

Thanks for you assistance.

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nexent1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, I finally figured it out. I needed to configure a datastore. Once this was done I was able to configure the Virtual Machine.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos