VMware Cloud Community
JakeKang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I recognize raid 0 of SSD when I install Vsphere 6 ESXi?

Hi

I'd like to say to understand to me in advance because I cant speak English well. Smiley Happy

Today, I tried to install vsphere 6 ESXi on ssd disk which set raid0. Raid0 consisted of two 500GB disks.

When I install Windows Server 2012 R2 for checking raid 0 status, I can see correct disk about 1TB and when I try to install vsphere 6 ESXi, I can see two 500GB disks. It didn't consist of raid 0.

Why can not vsphere 6 ESXi recognize raid 0 disk?

Frankly, setting VMware products is first time today. Please explain and tell me to resolve method.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This issues most is likely caused by an unsupported software RAID controller. VMware only supports real hardware RAID controllers which present the physical disks as logical volumes to the operating systems. Some hardware vendors provide additional drivers for their own hardware though.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This issues most is likely caused by an unsupported software RAID controller. VMware only supports real hardware RAID controllers which present the physical disks as logical volumes to the operating systems. Some hardware vendors provide additional drivers for their own hardware though.

André

0 Kudos
JakeKang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I didnt know that. Thank  you so much.

0 Kudos