VMware Cloud Community
M4T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nvidia Grid K2 & RDP

Can you use the NVidia grid k2 GPU on a virtual machine without VMware horizon. can you use it on RDP or remote desktop connection?

im maybe assuming if you can you have to change a setting somewhere or a config value or something?

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SmokinJoe59
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

RDP is a Microsoft thing, there is a way to use PCoIP on a single Win7 host outside of Horizon / view.  It is tricky and if you have the license or have a VMware contract I am sure someone can help you do it.  To connect you have to know the name/IP and it works for us in IT but not for end user computing.  I am not sure about the blast protocol.

BTW if you have a HP Z series workstation they come free with HPRGS software that does the same thing...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SmokinJoe59
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

RDP is a Microsoft thing, there is a way to use PCoIP on a single Win7 host outside of Horizon / view.  It is tricky and if you have the license or have a VMware contract I am sure someone can help you do it.  To connect you have to know the name/IP and it works for us in IT but not for end user computing.  I am not sure about the blast protocol.

BTW if you have a HP Z series workstation they come free with HPRGS software that does the same thing...

0 Kudos
M4T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

so you can use a NVidia grid k1 or k2 with remote desktop? if I contact VMware at the time would they be able to set it up /fix it?

can you use the grid cards to game on like with steam if you had horizon view say does it work like that.

Matt

0 Kudos