VMware Cloud Community
nOon29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

intel 82576

Hi all,

I try to install esx on a server but i have problem with my nic. I see they have an iso with the driver for intel 82576 but i don't know how to install this driver on esxi (we have noconsole ...). So if anyone have an how to for me it would be great. I also see an oem to make a custom iso but i use a specific oem for the areca driver xD.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Use the perl version. vihostupdate.pl

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Download and burn the CD. The instructions for installing are on the CD as a Readme file in DOC.

0 Kudos
nOon29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, i know that but how i can mount the cd on esxi? On esx is simple it's the same command of linux but on esxi we have 0 control...

So i re-read the readme.txt and i begin to understand.

On my windows i mount the cd and with the vsphere cli i go on the good folder.

When i am on the good folder i make a command like that:

vihostupdate --server @ip -- username root --password passwd --install bundle INT-.zip that's right? Or i make a mistake in my commad?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will need to use rcli to install the bundle. Download the VMA appliance or use the rcli from the link on your ESXi host web interface.

nOon29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,

I will try that tomorrow and hope is work.

Do you know if a oem.tgz exist with all the compiled driver (areca, intel nic, realtek ...)

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I doubt that there is an oem,tgz with those components but you can check at vm-help.com

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The script by Varazir will help you create a custom install CD or USB boot drive - http://www.vm-help.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

New book in town - vSphere Quick Start Guide -http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2009/08/12/new-book-in-town-vsphere-quick-start-guide/.

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL - http://www.vm-help.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21.

0 Kudos
nOon29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

the vsphere cli say's vihostupdate is not a command...

And i have another problem when i try to put the vma on the datastore i have this error:

Failed to log into NFC, the same with vsphere host update. Idon't understand i have install 10 esxi maybe and i never seen this problem.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Use the perl version. vihostupdate.pl

0 Kudos
nOon29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The vihostupdate.pl is unknow too

No it's good now i have update my server succesfully.

Thanks all

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you install the vSphere CLI?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Read through the Readme. Some of the CD's are bootable installers. Boot from the CD and they patch the current ESXi installation. Read carefully.