VMware Cloud Community
goyer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere and NT4 server : Lost network card

hi,

We're testing an upgrade of one of our NT4 server with update Manager 4. But after installing VMTools and hardware upgrade, the virtual card not work and i don't know which drivers to take. Is anyone have an idea ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Check out kb article 1007168.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Check out kb article 1007168.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
goyer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i just found the same solution and another forum.

Thanks

0 Kudos
johnwilk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I am moving NT4 vms from ESX 3.5 U4 to vSphere. Having read the KB article 1007168, my vms don't have the path to the vmxnet driver quoted (C:\Program

Files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers\vmxnet\).

I only have a video driver directory present (C:\Program

Files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers\video)

Any idea where I can obtain/download the vmxnet driver for a manual installation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tu_Nguyen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you click on Help when trying to upgrade the virtual hardware, it recommends that you need to upgrade the VMware tools to the VM before upgrading the virtual hardware to version 7 for this very reason. ie. lost network connectivity if virtual hardware upgrade without upgrade vmwware tools first.

cheers,

0 Kudos
Tu_Nguyen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

actually, if you choose to upgrade the virtual hardware first, the pop up message will explain that you should upgrade the VMware tools first

0 Kudos