VMware Global Community
RicSngh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Ware Lizenz

Hallo,

derzeit habe ich 3 VM's in einem Windows Hyper V laufen.

Ich würde gerne esxi auf einem Lenovo x3650 M5 installieren und die VM's hier importieren.

Nachdem ich den ESXi Server installiert habe, würde ich mit dem vCenter Converter die VM's vom Hyper V zum ESXi Server übertragen.

Ist das die richtige und die beste vorgehensweise ?

Welche Lizenz benötigte ich, wenn ich 3 VM's in vSphere nutzen möchte?

Hardware wäre folgende:

X3650 M5 mit 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 8C 2.4GHz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This is an english forum... But I do speak 3 words of german so will try to do my best 🙂

First of all, if you are planning on only running 3 VMs, you need to ask yourself how important those VMs are and if you actually need vSphere licenses and vCenter. As we also have a free ESXi version. vCenter Server is used for managing, typically, multiple hosts and clusters of hosts etc. You can use something like Converter to migrate a VM between those platforms indeed. If you do want to use vCenter and you do only have 1 host, just go for the cheapest licenses, as you can't use any of the advanced features anyway.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@RicSngh 

Moderator: Zu deutschen Diskussionen übergegangen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RicSngh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, Danke für die schnelle Antwort!

Ok. Wie kann ich die kostenlose Lizenz für ESXi erhalten?

vCenter benötige ich dann wohl nicht. Es sollen nur die 3 VM's im ESXi laufen und über vSphere verwaltbar sein.

0 Kudos