VMware Horizon Community
praveshe1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Auto Screen lock for View Desktop

We need to have have View Desktop need to be automatically locked after certain period of inactivity (120 Seconds) . I have run the below script frpm Windows 7 optomization Script but no go, please let me know if I am missing any settings

reg ADD "hku\temp\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop" /v SCRNSAVE.EXE /d "%windir%\system32\scrnsave.scr" /f
reg ADD "hku\temp\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop" /v ScreenSaveTimeOut /d "600" /f
reg ADD "hku\temp\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop" /v ScreenSaverIsSecure /d "1" /f
Thanks
-Praveen
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

User Configuration - Control Panel/Personalizaton -  Force specific screen saver - Screen saver executable name: %windir%\system32\scrnsave.scr

User Configuration - Control Panel/Personalizaton - Password protect the screen saver: Enabled

User Configuration - Control Panel/Personalizaton - Screen saver timeout - Number of seconds to wait to enable the screen saver seconds: 120

Thosewould be the actual settings.  You can point to whichever screensaver u like or a custom one within your view vm's or network storage.

Larry B.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You have your timeout set for 600 seconds and not 120.  change the 600 to 120.

reg ADD "hku\temp\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop" /v ScreenSaveTimeOut /d "120" /f
I would use group policies though.   It'll make your life easier in case in the future you need to adjust it.
Larry B.
0 Kudos
praveshe1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Lary, I have tried the reg setting but somehow it's not working for me, let me if I am missing anything.

Can you please let me know the group policy for this setting

Thanks

Regards

-Praveen

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

User Configuration - Control Panel/Personalizaton -  Force specific screen saver - Screen saver executable name: %windir%\system32\scrnsave.scr

User Configuration - Control Panel/Personalizaton - Password protect the screen saver: Enabled

User Configuration - Control Panel/Personalizaton - Screen saver timeout - Number of seconds to wait to enable the screen saver seconds: 120

Thosewould be the actual settings.  You can point to whichever screensaver u like or a custom one within your view vm's or network storage.

Larry B.

0 Kudos
praveshe1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Larry, this fixed my issue.

Thanks again

Regards

-Praveen

0 Kudos