VMware Horizon Community
maliaga
Contributor
Contributor

Automated Provisioning from automated pools

I am provisioning some virtual windows XP machines using View 5 automated pools. To create the VMs, I am using a window XP template and customization specifications. The process starts and the Windows XP are cloned (3 VMS), after some process, all the VMs displays the message "Files Needed: The file 'c_20127.nls' on Windows XP professional Cd-ROM is needed." It seems that the *.iso file from the parent VM, it does not inheret the child. Does anybody know any workaround?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome!!!

verify if you have a sysprep in correct location in vcenter.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100559...

Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos para resposta "helpful" e ou "correta".
Se a sua pergunta foi respondida, marque como "Answered" para fechar o tópico.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

Lamw,
I do a test :
doing vmotion VMID  changed.
LinkedIn Facebook
*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums.   Is this a linked clone pool or full machine pool? 

0 Kudos
maliaga
Contributor
Contributor

The sysprep expanded deploy.cab file was placed on C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\sysprep\xp

0 Kudos
maliaga
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry I am not sure, i selected from Inventory>pools Add>Automated Pool>dedicated> etc.  On the vCenter I have a Windows XP Prof template as well as a customization file.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have you used nLite to optimize your windows xp install?

Then that is the problem, there is a bug in nLite that removes to much files and then it will not work to sysprep the image.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Refer the KB http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1030175 to build your XP template.

0 Kudos