VMware Horizon Community
craigtompkins7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I change the UAG Name

I'm using a load balanced VIP that then directs external users to 1 of 2 UAGs.  Those UAGs point to dedicated Connection servers (similar to have Security Servers were paired).  I noticed that all sessions in the admin shows the same UAG.  I have been pulling my hair out trying to find out why the load balancer was sending all traffic to 1 UAG.  I then realized that both UAGs have the same UAG Name.  I assume the prior admin cloned one maybe?

So my question is - will I break anything if I change the UAG name to 1. Make them different and 2. If I'm going to do that I might as well make them have a friendly name to know which one is which.

I've looked online and know how to change it, I just don't want to break something that I'm unaware of.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There should be no issues when changing the UAG name. 

Make sure you remove and re-add the UAG with the new name to the connection server afterwards (you can't edit existing ones I think)

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There should be no issues when changing the UAG name. 

Make sure you remove and re-add the UAG with the new name to the connection server afterwards (you can't edit existing ones I think)

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
craigtompkins7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Was having the same name the cause of your issue?

(I doubt it)

0 Kudos