VMware Horizon Community
WCHAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

Clients suddenly drop and flash error, then get booted

I am running VMWare View 3.0 with my remote clients now using the full VMWare client through the View Portal connection. About 50% of my clients are now experiencing random drops of their connection (even though I can still see traffic flowing) with the following error flashing on their screen : There is no secure connection to the View Connection Server and the client screen flashes on and off for about 30 seconds, then drops them. Once they are dropped they cannot re-establish a session.

I have created a VMWare support ticket for this as well but expected response time is too long. Please respond if yo uhave any suggestions. There are no apparent errors in any event logs I can find, the VCS server is clean, the event logs there look like the client is still connected. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pjpg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Because I'm experiencing a similar problem, may I ask; Do they get dropped during periods of high traffic to their VMware View client?

Our users will get dropped while their screen is being updated, but they appear to never get dropped while they are sitting idle.

Thanks,

...pjpg

Thanks, ...pjpg
0 Kudos
WCHAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

If I understand your question, no. They are using a simple telnet application on the VDI desktop that is trying to display an image is where it usually occurs. Others can connect and do the same task with no problem.

The other understanding I could gleam, no, traffic on the server to the VDI clients is low... about 5 clients connected as a max and I've seen it happen with 1 or with 5 connected.

0 Kudos
WCHAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

More information, on one of the clients I was able to gleam these two errors from the windows application event log:

Source: VMWare View

Category: VMWare View

Event ID: 104

Description: HttpConnection: READ: BLOCK SIZE LIMIT VIOLATION

Source: VMWare View

Category: VMWare View

Event ID: 104

Description: Tunnel Unnamed: read thread EXCEPTION HttpConnection: READ: BLOCK SIZE LIMIT VIOLATION

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You've written that you are NOW using the full client. Do you mean that you've installed the full client just now and downloaded it from the website? So it is a 3.1 client? Also, what is the version of your broker?

Regards,

Christoph

Don't forget to award the points if this answer was helpful for you.

Blog:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth |

0 Kudos
jpvlsmv
Contributor
Contributor

What platform are the clients running?

We have seen a similarly-logged problem with a guy running 64-bit Vista.

--Joe

0 Kudos
S1D0g
Contributor
Contributor

Having very similar issue: However we are only have one such issue reported to us. Ours is clearly a client machine setting but tracking it down has been fruitless. Did you come up with a solution?

0 Kudos