VMware Horizon Community
luginbur
Contributor
Contributor

Crealogix PayPen

Hat jemand Erfahrung mit PayPen Barcodleser und VMWare View Horizon 5.3

Wir können das Gerät Problemlos auf den View Client installieren Software und Treiber werden erkannt.

Aber beim lesen mit dem Stift "flacker" das licht und ein einlesen der Daten ist nicht möglich.

Wir haben alles mit Zero Clients und Dynamischen Pools installiert, eventuell hat jemand da draussen Erfahrung und kann uns einen Typ geben.

Gruss

RLU

Tags (2)
7 Replies
MichaRuch
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo Zusammen

Ich Stand vor dem selben Problem und habe folgende Lösung:

CLX.PayPen II

VMware Agent 6.0.2 auf der VM (Scannerumleitung aktivieren bei der Installation)

Windows VMware Client 3.2 auf dem Thin Client.

PayPen Software auf dem Thin Client installieren (Version CLX.PayPen_II_4.05.0.exe)

PayPen II am Thin Client USB einstecken und im VMware Client verbinden.

PayPen II wird nun als Scanner erkannt und funktioniert.

0 Kudos
Lucaqualisystem
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Micha,

I'm trying to connect the paypen to a vmware view infrsatructure exactly the same as you described, but the pen doesn't work.

It is recognized by the software in the virtual desktop, but when I try to scan something, anything goes in the VD.

Did you do something special with the usb redirection?

The only thing differnet from your configuration is that I'm using a Teradici Zero client Praim P9002, but I obtain the same result from a windows machine with the Vmware Client 3.2

Best Regards,

Luca

0 Kudos
danielkrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wir haben das gleiche Problem seit dem Update von 5.1 auf 6.2.1.

VMWare Support und Crealogix Support konnte uns bisher noch nicht weiterhelfen.

Haben ebenfalls Zero Clients im Einsatz.

Mit der 5.1 Version und  Crealogix 4.0.5.0 funktioniert es einwandfrei.

Wir haben auch die Scanner Redirection eingeschaltet, auch die lokalen Policys angepasst, leider ohne Erfolg.

0 Kudos
alejandrovmw
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Just to let you know that I had Support with me concerning this issue.

The device works with View 6 and View 7 if you install the SCAN feature.

However if you want this device to work with the standard USB redirection, this is not supported by Vmware:

From Vmware Support:

Hello Alejandro,

As we spoke, after I review this with our backline engineers PayPen II is not supported in View as the this device send data Isochronous transfer type and this is not support for the amount of data being send via USB redirection.
The only way to make this device work with View will be with Scanner Redirection, as we confirmed, but you will need to use a Windows Client to use this feature as Thin Client does not supported it.

USB redirection is not supported with this device.

Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
danielkrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i was sending two paypen devices to VMware. These devices are currently in Beijing.

But the engineers did not get these devices running.

So you get these devices working with the SCAN Feature?

What paypen version? View Version?

0 Kudos
alejandrovmw
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We are using View 7.0.1 and the issue was with the PayPen II version. As mentioned, USB-redirection is not working but SCAN redirection is working . We tested this feature by installing the SCAN feature on the agent.

This SCAN redirection only works from a PC. SCAN redirection is not supported by zero clients like Wye P25 or P45.

With the old PayPen I , USB redirection works as expected and we had no issue with it. But I believe the device is no more manufactured.

We are planing to test with another device like PayPen. If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to give me a couple of them

Regards

0 Kudos
danielkrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello alejandrovmw,

Can you confirm the paypen Software Version you are using?

thank you

regards

0 Kudos