VMware Horizon Community
James_McCartin
Contributor
Contributor

Drive Mapping Utility Run With Every App Launch

I have a drive mapping utility that I would like to have run whenever a user launches an app from an RDS host.  I tried putting a shortcut to the utility in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\ but it only works when I log in to the server, not when I launch an app through Horizon View.  Is it possible to have this utility run whenever a user launches an app through Horizon View?

I have Windows 2012 R2 RDS hosts with Horizon 7.2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mchadwick19
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You would need to do this with a group policy user logon task/script applied to the server (or local if that's how you operate) or using UEM to configure a logon task.

VDI Engineer VCP-DCV, VCP7-DTM, VCAP7-DTM Design
0 Kudos
James_McCartin
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried adding the utility to User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> System/Logon -> Run these programs at user logon, but it does not run.  If I log in to the server via RDP, it does run.  It runs silently except for a system tray icon.  If I add the utility as a View app and launch it by itself, the mapped drive is available for any other apps that launch in that session.  This is not an ideal solution as I do not want users to have to launch this app in addition to the app they want to use.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos