VMware Horizon Community
SwanO
Contributor
Contributor

FSLogix - Do we need Profile Containers, ODFC Containers, or both?

As the title states, I'm trying to figure out whether or not Profile Containers are needed. Our company is utilizing DEM to configure and deploy end-user desktop settings so I'm under the impression that we do NOT need FSLogix's Profile Containers and that we only need ODFC containers because we only need FSLogix to handle the O365 schtuff. I've been running into issues with the O365 Logins though so I tried enabling both Containers and we now have two VHDX files that are being created. Just wondering if this is normal.

SwanO_0-1694030786616.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@SwanO ,

If you already manage your profiles with DEM, there's no need for an "FSLogix User profile container". DEM will require much less storage and you will be able to manage the user profiles much more efficiently. 

You can setup an "FSLogix Office Data Container" to handle O365 cache and settings. I would even recommend that. 

Profile & Office containers are 2 different containers, so if you setup both, you will indeed have 2 VHDX files. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
SwanO
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TylerAnderson1
Contributor
Contributor

I know I am resurrecting a topic that's 5 months old, but are there any guides out there on configuring just the ODFC containers for FSlogix in a Horizon environment ?

0 Kudos
SSPDF
Contributor
Contributor

I need too

0 Kudos