VMware Horizon Community
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

Get an error while connecting to View Connection Server using View Client 5.0

Hi friends,

i have met with a weird error while i connect View Connection Server with error message: "The view connection server connection failed. Can not resolve the server's name or address". The fact is i have correctly configed my IP and DNS address, the connection server address i specified is pingable, all the DNS name can be resolved smoothly in the commandline. I had successfully connected to my virtual desktop a week before, it just suddenly stop working. and there is no problem using View Client to connect Connection server in other computer.

does anyone knows what's wrong with my computer?

Many thanks! Daniel.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have a look at the "External URL" setting on the connection broker, it has to match whatever is resolvable from the outside from your clients.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

checked, there is nothing abnormal with External URL. External URL can be resolved in the problem client. Even if i use the IP address of Connection Server i got the same error.

0 Kudos
pwynne
Contributor
Contributor

If you can ping the server then open a web browser and put the url of the connection server in your url bar, this will invoke the agent for you and should get you to a login screen.

It may be just that the agent needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled from the connection server URL

Paul.

0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

that also didn't work, when i accessed the connection server in a browser with IP address, there is no login screen, only some link which i can download client software.

and i have my view client re-installed, and the problem still exists!

0 Kudos
Enaip
Contributor
Contributor

if you have more than one nameserver set on the client machine make sure they both work by interrogating them directly via command line. Or just leave only one.

0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i checked the name server. there's only one nameserver, works normally. i think it's not the problem of this, i even tried to use two nameserver, still the same result.

0 Kudos
pwynne
Contributor
Contributor

ok you would expect to see the client being called from the URL which would suggest the client. is not installed or has an issue on your machine. have you an older client version.

why not go to programs and features and manually remove the client from your machine, then pop in the url again and install a fresh copy from your connection server once complete try your connection again and if you want to manage the VCS locally then when you enter the url add /admin and this will bring you to the login page.

0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

sorry for reply so late.

actually i have tried to reinstalled my view client and tried some completely new copys, but still didn't work. and i didn't try any older version of view client.

and the most strange thing is that i can connect to my desktop this morning, i sware i didn't do anything special, the client just can't connect last friday! i have no idea how to find the reason. Thanks for all your reply!

0 Kudos
KennyF
Contributor
Contributor

Daniel,

If you use a proxy server, then make sure your Connection Server is part of the exclusion list in your internet browser. I had this problem when I did testing in our test environment which does not have a proxy server.

0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

thanks KennyF, checked, there is no proxy server in my browser.

0 Kudos