VMware Horizon Community
mathewdsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon Event database Migration

Hi everyone. I need to move a 4-server Horizon pod to a new events database. Do I need to stop the Horizon services? Can I make the switch on the fly once the DB is backed up on the old server and imported to the new server? I can afford to lost a short period of events but I guess my main question is: Can Horizon work without an events DB for a short period?

Thanks everyone.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@mathewdsa 

Connection servers continue to work fine without events DB configured. It will show a warning and you will still have events written to log files on each connection server, but for the rest, it will operate perfectly fine. The only thing that won't work are the "Events" pages in the Horizon Console. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@mathewdsa 

Connection servers continue to work fine without events DB configured. It will show a warning and you will still have events written to log files on each connection server, but for the rest, it will operate perfectly fine. The only thing that won't work are the "Events" pages in the Horizon Console. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos