VMware Horizon Community
sphbecker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem Disabling View Persona Management

I am having a problem turning off View Persona Management.  During early tests we played PM and decided against using it in production for a number of reasons.  The GPO policy was changed to Not Configured and the repository share was deleted.  All test VMs were also deleted.

Now we have started deploying to a few users.  Some users, not all, are seeing the “Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile” error at login and their settings are lost every time they log off.  When I dug into the registry to see what was going on I found their SID under ProfileList pointing to the old non-existent repository.  I don’t understand, the policy is no longer configured, these are VMs that did not exist during the testing and the users have never used View until now.

I assume there is something left behind in our master image, but I have not been able to find it.  I searched the entire registry for the name of the old repository, found nothing.  The default location for new profiles (as set in ProfileList) is %SystemDrive%\Users as expected.  Is there anything else we can do to fix this?

As of now this only seems to be effecting our Full Desktops, not the Linked Clones, which I also don’t understand, they were built from the same master image.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sphbecker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found the problem.  It isn't with vmWare at all, it is a MS problem.  Apperently there is something wrong with my OU and no policy changes are being applied correctly.  Not sure what is going on, everything is linked correctly and other OUs with the same GPO get the updates, just not this one.  When I ran RoS on one of the VMs in question I saw that it still had the old PM policy applied.

0 Kudos