VMware Horizon Community
mgeist
Contributor
Contributor

Screen capture issue

This sample application reproduces a screen capture issue observed when our capture library is used to capture screen activity of a desktop virtualized using VMWare View 5.

========================================================================
Display capture issue affecting VMWare View 5
Summary:
When in a View session with multimonitor support enabled and using the supplied sample application, I am unable to capture screen changes on the secondary screen.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Copy the executable to a desktop running on the VMWare View server.
- Connect and establish a session in full screen mode, multimonitor enabled, with at least 2 displays.
- Execute the application. A console window will appear, displaying some status output. The app will take 4 screen captures 30seconds apart from each display and save them to the folder from where the app was executed. Move and resize windows on each screen to ensure the saved bitmaps should be different.
Expected Results:
The generated bitmaps should accurately reflect the contents of the screens when the screen grabs were created.
Actual Results:
The bitmaps captured from the primary display accurately reflect changes which occurred on the display. The bitmaps captured from the secondary screen do not reflect any changes, and often times completely fail to capture any screen content.

I will supply the VisualStudio 2008 project VMWare Engineering, but will not post it in this public forum.

Thanks,

Mitch G.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You should contact VMware Support and create a Support Request, here is how:

http://www.vmware.com/support/policies/howto.html

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mgeist
Contributor
Contributor

We don't directly use VMWare View, we merely verified our library had this issue using a trial version. Because of this we don't have a support contract and can't use the recommended support request procedure because no products are listed.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Then please contact your local salesteam/SE and ask them to submit an SR for you.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos