VMware Horizon Community
turtlexiv
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.1 with Wyse P20 - hardware problem?

Greetings,

I am attempting to place a Wyse P20 into operation using View 5.1. Unfortunately, I've run into some kind of issue with the P20 and wanted to see if anybody has experienced this problem before.

After powering up the device, I  get a solid green power light and a quick-flashing PCoIP light. I can  not get any video out of the device (tested both DVI ports and two  monitors - both straight DVI, and through a DVI to VGA adapter).  There is no activity on the switch port the device is connected to.

I have not been able to find a user guide for this device to explain  what the quick-flashing PCoIP light indicates. The only guide to the  hardware itself I've found is the P20 Quick Start guide (from http://www.wyse.com/support/overview), but it does not explain anything about the PCoIP light, only the main power light.

Am I missing some configuration step with the P20 that I'm not privy to? All documentation for this device I've found points to an on-screen display and/or web configuration for this device and I can't get to either. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

It does unfortuantly sound like the symptoms for a dead P20.

It can easily happen if you attach a 18 or 20v powersupply (its the same plug) but the P20 needs a 12v psu.

Have burned a couple of these a few years back, before I realized I used the wrong powerbrick.

/// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".