VMware Horizon Community
scpan333
Contributor
Contributor

Stuck on "Welcome" if Persona Management GPO is enabled

Dear all,

We are currently running VMWare Vcenter 5.0 and we consistently seem to run into an unusual error with Persona Management in our testing and attempting to implement it.

• When Persona Management policies are attached in a GPO to a computer, attempting to connect to the View client with a new user or having an entitle user attempt to log to a user results usually in a stuck "Welcome" screen. Sometimes it progresses beyond that and is stuck on "Loading User Profile."
  • Sometimes this results in an agent unreachable.
  • This can't just be GPO, because it is entirely possible to log in via the console mode through vsphere into a computer on a pool with Persona Management.
  • It seems that once an user has been logged in before, future logins with the same user to the pool to the same assigned computer proceed without a problem.

Any ideas on where we can investigate? Which logs we could follow? Events seem to show that the user is requesting a computer, and is assigned one appropriately.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MPatrick22
Contributor
Contributor

I too have this problem.   Did you previously have black screens when logging in and had to reset VMs in order to have others logging in?  Also, was this occurring after a recompose?   I have had login problems for months now.  Are you using non-persistent linked clones on the pool having the issue?

0 Kudos
Andromedus
Contributor
Contributor

I am also consistently having this problem. If anyone could lend a hand on this I'm sure we'd all be extremely grateful.

0 Kudos
MPatrick22
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I did some host ESXi Updates and a few recommended MS hotfixes then removed/rejoined the parent VM to the domain -but with a block on the GPOs and that seemed to work.

0 Kudos