VMware Horizon Community
James_McCartin
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Connect to VMware View from a Wyse Terminal

I'm unable to connect to View from a Wyse terminal.  It just blinks and returns to the login screen on the Wyse terminal.  The Wyse terminal is able to contact the authentication server and it says the connection broker is connected.  The error at the bottom of this post appears every time I try to login in the event viewer of the server where the broker is installed.  I'm able to login from VMware Client on a PC.  Anyone know what might be causing this?

VMware View 4.5.0 build-293049

Wyse Terminal - S10 (firmware 7.0.0_30)

Log Name:      Application
Source:        VMware View
Date:          3/7/2011 2:31:18 PM
Event ID:      104
Task Category: VMware View
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:     
Description:
(SESSION:93BF010C78CC015FC81CA949C49662C5) error reading XML from body: Error on line 1: The reference to entity "w0rk" must end with the ';' delimiter.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="VMware View" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">104</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>9</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-07T19:31:18.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>25250</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer> </Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>(SESSION:93BF010C78CC015FC81CA949C49662C5) error reading XML from body: Error on line 1: The reference to entity "w0rk" must end with the ';' delimiter.</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Looking at the View Client HCL it does not appear the S10 is certified for View 4.5. -

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=vdm&productId=...[]=91&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=192&rorre=0

This is likely a firmware but. The S10 impliments its own client for View.

WP

0 Kudos
James_McCartin
Contributor
Contributor

According to the compatibility guide, the S10 is certified for View 4.5:

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Very odd, my first search did not show it. Second did : / . My bad. Something else going on there.

I am guessing your firmware is 7.0.30? Not 7.0.0.30?

WP

0 Kudos
James_McCartin
Contributor
Contributor

I've actual just figured this out.  It appears there is a bug in either the Wyse terminal firmware or the VMware View software.  The "w0rk" in the Event Log is part of the account password (specifically after a &).  It appears that any account with a password that contains an "&" is not able to login to View from the Wyse terminal.

0 Kudos
James_McCartin
Contributor
Contributor

I've actual just figured this out.  It appears there is a bug in either  the Wyse terminal firmware or the VMware View software.  The "w0rk" in  the Event Log is part of the account password (specifically after a  &).  It appears that any account with a password that contains an  "&" is not able to login to View from the Wyse terminal.

0 Kudos