VMware Horizon Community
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View Recompose is not happening properly

We have a automated floating pool with 150 vm's in our organization.

I recomposed the pool by selecting the option "wait for the users to logoff". At the time of recompose there are around 100 users connected to the desktops. But those desktops are not recomposed after the users logged off the sessions.

But in the View administrator console i have seen the task as "none" for those desktops.

Why the recompose is not done on those machines?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Is there anything in the event logs of View that would show that the task completed or was canceled? 

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

No. Initially it was showing in the task as "recompose" for the desktops to which users are connected. But later the task came to "none" but the desktops are not recomposed.

0 Kudos
hfgomez
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same, but the task is performed after 3 hours and ends ok. I have not found the reason why it takes so long to start. Any ideas?

PS: Sorry for my English.

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

But the recompose did not happen at all. Finally i have manually recomposed the pending desktops. Any info or suggestions on this pls?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So the manual one at a time worked?   Maybe it simply timed out waiting on the end users to disconnect.  

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

what is the time out duration?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I honestly don't know.  A timeout is the only thing that makes sense to me.   

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone say what is the timeout for a task to be completed in View 4.6?

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The timeout of the task is defined with Composer service. Default it is 60 minutes.

You can change this property at <VirtualCenter PropertyCollectorTimeout="60" VcTaskTimeout="60" />

in file named SviWebService.exe.config located in View composer program directory

gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

0 Kudos