VMware Horizon Community
MicahelMenne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 4.01 Windows 7 Guest SVGA 3D Driver

I am trying to deploy some non-persistent linked clones. I've got my "golden" master image setup with the SVGA II driver as per serveral posts in the forum.

However, when I go to deploy the clones, the customization process (prob. view Agent) continually replaces the SVGA II driver I installed on the master image with the VMware SVGA 3d Driver. As a result, my multiple monitors do not work correctly over PCoIP. I've gone as far as deleting any reference to the driver I can find, but it still puts it back in there. Very frustrating.

Any ideas on how to prevent it from doing this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MicahelMenne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've got this fixed. Seems kinda odd to me that it would be like this.

I deleted the snapshot from the VM, then modified the VM to reflect the SVGA II driver (I had done this after I took the snapshot last time).

Before creating a new snapshot, I set it my "gold" master image as an individual desktop in View. I configured it and powered it up, then connected to it with the View client to make sure I had it working correctly in View. Then, I created my snapshot and removed it from the VIew Inventory.

After doing that, I was able to create my desktop pool and everything looked great on the linked clone.

0 Kudos