VMware Horizon Community
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View 4 printer redirection PCoIP

Hello,

Does anyone know if PCoIP supports local printer redirection or how to enable it?

I am using a t5730w Windows Embedded Standard (WES) thin client with View 4 client build 233023 and I do not see an enable printer mapping button for either RDP or PCoIP protocol.

My printers show up and work when using RDP but do not even show up using PCoIP.

Thanks for the support.

romatlo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

USB redirection works - If it's a USB printer connected to the client,

you can redirect that way. Virtual printing not yet supported.

More in other threads: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1446407

Ian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

USB redirection works - If it's a USB printer connected to the client,

you can redirect that way. Virtual printing not yet supported.

More in other threads: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1446407

Ian

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Ian! I appreciate the response.

We are trying to redirect network printers configured locally on XPe based thin clients and the PCoIP session does not see them. I can of course configure the same network printer from within my XP session.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Actually with View 4.0.1 virtual printing is supported with PCoIP.

Have a look in the releasenotes.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
m-nara
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm testing printer redirection.

When the virtual desktop is Win7, the printer redirection works fine. The client printer automatically appears on the VM with TP Output Gateway.

But when the virtual desktop is WinXP, the printer redirection does not work. The client printer does not appear on the VM. And I can manually configure the client printer with TPVM (ThinPrint Print Port for VMware).

Why the printer is not created in WinXP environment ?

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo,

I see what you are referring to in the release notes for build 233023.

http://www.vmware.com/support/view40/doc/releasenotes_viewmanager401.html

However, I am using that build connection server, agent, and XP client build and it still does not show up for PCoIP but does for RDP.

Here's how it reads:

•Virtual Printing, which allows end users to use local or network printers from a View desktop without requiring that additional print drivers be installed in the View desktop.

Maybe they mean local as in USB (which supported today), network as in within the XP session, and neither requiring drivers because taken care of by their TP print driver?

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks m-nara,

That is good information. I could give it a try using Win7, too.

0 Kudos