VMware Horizon Community
jcurban
Contributor
Contributor

View Administrator: error adding domain for composer

Hi all,

Im trying to add the domain in the "view composer settings" but I get an error "Error while adding the administrator. Please re-check your information"

I have tried another admin account and I get the same message. Could it be something on the vCenter? Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jerrylax
Contributor
Contributor

make sure  connection server itself joined domain, make sure DNS server has record of this server. and at account part, instead use

administrator, try "xxxxx.com\administrator".

hope this will help

jcurban
Contributor
Contributor

check all of that, how ever I had not check the full domain .com part after I made some AD chagnes and now it picked it up.  Thanks for the reminder... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
RayUC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running into issues adding a domain to composer as well.  The server name and passwords are correct but I get a blank "Server Error" pop up with no error message.  The only other notes on the screen is the date and time stamp.  If I change or vary the server name and username I'll get more specific errors that the server name, domain name, or password is wrong.  But when I enter everything correctly, I just get a blank "Server Error" message with no further details.  Any ideas?

My environment is ESX 4.1, vCenter 4.1, View 4.5.

vCenter is Win2K8 R2

External SQL is Win2K8 Std w/o Hyper-V 64bit w/  MS SQL 2008

View Connection server is Win2K8 R2

0 Kudos
nazmihalili
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Need help. im get the same error. "Error while adding the administrator. Please re-check your information" in add domain for view composer.

the domain name n user name i already put the domain name, but there still same error.

logged call for vmware support. they asked me to re-installed the the connection server from fresh ISO and i already exclude domain did i dont want to appear. but the error was same.

Please help guys.this issue already drag for the second week.

thanks in advance

BoB

0 Kudos