VMware Horizon Community
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Zero client - session lost

Hi all, I am about to roll out nc190 zero clients. My vm's are win xp sp3. When a zero client connects to the vm I some times get a session lost and it attempts to reconnect. It can do this 4 times before finally connecting. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am running vsphere u2 with latest tools and agent (including kb agent). Version of view is 4.01. Firmware on zero's is v3.2.

It may be unrelated but sometimes the pcoip process in xp uses 99% of the CPU and stays like that until a reboot.

Any suggestions, advice etc.... Appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the exact same issue, with one addition, I also get session lost some times after being in the desktop for 10sek up to a minute.

I have the same issue, 3.2 on the NC240.

It works fine with a software client.

0 Kudos
nickty
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem and raised it with Teradici via the manufacturer(Devon) and waiting for a response.

The only advice I can give for now is, if you haven't done it already, to revert back to the previous firmware release(3.1.2) which does appear to work.

Hopefully they will issue an update soon as there are several improvements in 3.2 such as auto login and kiosk mode which I am keen to use.

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The problem is that i do not have access to the teradici support portal 😕

I would love if some one could mail me the 3.1.2 firmware.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a copy if you want it. Just let me know if you want it and I can email it to you. I need v3.2 for kiosk mode. I have a support ticket open with teradici. They are pretty efficient so I'm hoping they will be in touch soon. Will let the thread know if I get anywhere.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The downgrade from 3.2 to 3.1.2 solved my issues!

Thx!

0 Kudos
chillware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm getting the same issue on my Wyse P20's after upgrading to 3.2 also.. I happened to be at a VDI luncheon today w/ several reps there.I spoke w/ a rep from Wyse and he told me that I needed to use the keyboard and mouse that came w/ the P20 to stop the issue from happening.. He says he's heard reports from other people w/ the same thing and that fixes it.. supposed to be fixed in a later update according to him.

I'm going to give that a shot and if that doesnt work then I will down grade the FW. I'll keep you updated.

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That sounds extremly odd, tho not completly unlikely, I've had some issues with the keyboard layout changing randomly in the vm with my Zero Clients.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

Just to let the thread know my original issue as posted has now been solved. Teradici gave me an updated file and it solved my issues. They are very efficient and helpful. It also solved some USB issues I was experiencing as well.

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So you can now run the 3.2fw without the session lost phenomenon?

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I'm on v3.2FW. I have 11 Zero Clients that were doing it frequently. I have logged them all in and off about 20 times altogether and I have not had the session lost once. It has also fixed the cpu getting stuck at 99%, this was happening less frequent compared to the session lost, but still an annoyance. I can now roll out the other 90 Zero's.

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fantastic! Gonna contact teradici again and ask for the same release of the 3.2.

0 Kudos
chillware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What do you mean updated 'file'? An updated firmware? What version is it? Can you post it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

They provided me with an updated pcoip_server_win32 (v3.1.3) file. This belongs in the c:\program files\common files\vmware\teradici.... folder on Windows XP VM. The previous version I had was verion 3.1.0.

0 Kudos
chillware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thx.. I just got the updated files from Teradici as well and installed on a few VM's.. So far so good.. Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos