0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mikeovery1,

MP Builder supports Java 8 regular expressions. The MP Builder regex feature doesn't do string conversion, per se. It just allows you to extract a substring that matches the given regex pattern. The characters themselves don't change. Unfortunately, this is not enough to enable case-insensitive relationship matching - we'll be adding that feature in the next version.

Best regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mikeovery1,

We don't currently support case-insensitive matching for relationships. We're planning to add this feature in the next release.

Best regards,

Mark

mikeovery1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there not a regex that is supported to convert a string to upper or lower in that case?

I have not yet found one to work but I don't know the interpreter that is used here 

0 Kudos
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mikeovery1,

MP Builder supports Java 8 regular expressions. The MP Builder regex feature doesn't do string conversion, per se. It just allows you to extract a substring that matches the given regex pattern. The characters themselves don't change. Unfortunately, this is not enough to enable case-insensitive relationship matching - we'll be adding that feature in the next version.

Best regards,

Mark

mikeovery1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, is there any ETA on this release?

0 Kudos
tdunckel
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

There is not yet a release date set for the next version but there should be a date announced in the next couple of weeks.

0 Kudos
mikeovery1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The 1.1.2 release does not fix this. Is there a specific release number I need to look out for?

Or is it fixed but I need to supply a specific regex expression?

0 Kudos
tdunckel
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

This feature is solved in the upcoming beta for the hosted version of Content Builder.  It will be available on-prem in version 2.0.

0 Kudos
mikeovery1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, is there any early access to this product so we can review the functionality?

0 Kudos