"bucketName": "bucketname2",
"byteCount": 21,
"objectCount": 1,
"policyName": "ec32-gtl"
}
]
}
]

This creates to ressources Bucketname1 & bucketname2 with the metrics and properties.

But if i delete a bucket from cloudian, the bucket is not longer in the "buckets" array. But the management pack never deletes the object.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @MarcelMertens,

If you haven't already, please upgrade to Management Pack Builder version 1.1.2, as it fixes a known issue with object deletion. After you re-build the MP with 1.1.2 and re-install, here is the expected behavior:

1. After 24 without receiving data, the object is set to "Not Existing".

2. Based on the "Deleted Objects" setting in VMware Aria Operations Global Settings, the object will be deleted after a certain amount of time in the Not Existing state. Default is 1 week.

Best regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @MarcelMertens,

If you haven't already, please upgrade to Management Pack Builder version 1.1.2, as it fixes a known issue with object deletion. After you re-build the MP with 1.1.2 and re-install, here is the expected behavior:

1. After 24 without receiving data, the object is set to "Not Existing".

2. Based on the "Deleted Objects" setting in VMware Aria Operations Global Settings, the object will be deleted after a certain amount of time in the Not Existing state. Default is 1 week.

Best regards,

Mark

MarcelMertens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, i updated MPB (the release notes didn't include this fix, so i was not aware of this), rebuild my Management Pack and reimported it to Aria.

Let's wait what happens (or not).

I'll let you know.

marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @MarcelMertens

Wanted to follow up - any luck getting resources removed with the new MP Builder?

Best regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
MarcelMertens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

after rebuilding the MP with the lastest MPB i added the new MP to Aria without deleting the old connection and old resources (as i would do when updating a MP). After that the objects where not removed and still receive metrics.

Yesterday i completly removed the MP and all related resources and after that i resetup the adapter.

After a while i deleted some resources in the backend systems....  And this morning it looks like it might work.

the resources are not getting any metrics and might get removed after 24h (so at 2pm today). The object also does not have an relationships.

MarcelMertens_0-1692772116887.png