VMware Cloud Community
WAMTech
Contributor
Contributor

SRM RE-IP-Customizer.exe funtionality on SRM 4.0

Hi all, I'm trying to see if there is a way to re-run the RE-IP_Customizer.exe and only add the newly protected VMs instead of running it again and have to manually input all the IPs for all of the protected VMs. For some reason I haven't found a way that make this work. When I add more VMs I have to run the cutomizer again and edit the spreadsheet for all VMs.  When I run the customizer again to add the additional VMs the VM id changes on all of the VMs and that renders the old spreadsheet useless and it will not import anymore so I have to manually input all of the records in the new spreadsheet with the new VM ids assigned by re-running the RE-IP-Customizer.exe.

if anyone know of a different way to do it without having to modify all of the VMs that have already been modified, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Running dr-ip-customizer.exe won't change VM ID. AFAIK VM ID will only be changed when you remove protection and protect the VM again (thus recreating placeholder VM).

Attached document provides very good explanation on how to manage "master' csv file and consequent changes.

Michael.

0 Kudos
WAMTech
Contributor
Contributor

so, what is the script that you run in order to add the additional protected VMs? 

0 Kudos
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

You will still need to use dr-ip-customizer, but document describes a technique for management of csv files.

0 Kudos