VMware Cloud Community
vmfu
Contributor
Contributor

SRM database and VRMS database

Hi All,

I want to know about configuarion of VRM server. The setup need enter configuration of DB Server. The default databsae name is VRMS_DB. Tihis  database is same as the database I created during  SRM installation (The DB name is SRM).

SRM database is different from VRMS database? Can I use same database to configure VRM server.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

You can use the same Database Server but need to create a new Database for VRMS!

vmfu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi depping,

Thank you for your reply! What is the requirement (size and permission) to create DB for VRMS? Can you provide SQL statement to create this database?

0 Kudos
vmfu
Contributor
Contributor

When setup VRMS startup configuration, the following error:

Error applying startup configuration. Please check the provided DB information

My environment:

Install SRM server that same server as vCenter 5.

I created 3 Database (vCenter5, SRM 5.01, VRMS) on one SQL instance on the same database server (SQL Server 2008 R2 Express).

Enter FQDN in vCenter address in both SRM in protected site and recovery site.

The error is still found. Do any other have hints?

0 Kudos
JaseMachado
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I'm looking for recommended sizing for the VRMS appliance (not SRM) database as well.

I'm not seeing it on any of VMware's Documentation. Duncan? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
vmfu
Contributor
Contributor

After I enter all information, I click the Save and Restart Service. The error was found "

Error applying startup configuration. Please check  the provided DB information."
I create another Database VRMS_DB, not using the same SRM_DB database. Are there any important things  I need to configure?
Do I need to setup ODBS for VRMS_DB? Any logs can be found during configuration?
0 Kudos
GreatWhiteTec
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you seen this thread? http://communities.vmware.com/thread/328561

0 Kudos
vmfu
Contributor
Contributor

After I reinstall vCenter in Protected site and Recovery Site, re-create DB for vcenter, SRM and VRMS. The configuration of VRMS  can be done successfully.

But another error was found when enabling vsphere replication. All VM has been enabled  VR but the status is "Not Active". Attached file is the error.

0 Kudos