VMware Support Community
arbyfourohfive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SHD 4.0 -> 4.0.1 Update not being initiated

Trying to update SHD from 4.0 to 4.0.1 but can't seem to be able to initiate the update/patch process. I have downloaded the patch via the "Download Updates" option in the tool, verified the manifest/patch files are present, and verified their SHA1 is correct as well. /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/log/vmware-shd-update.log doesn't indicate that it is aware that a patch has been downloaded. I have restarted the vmware-shd service as well as rebooted the appliance with no avail. Any ideas to get this patch update process to initiate? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @arbyfourohfive , @Penobscot , @PetrMai 

Can you please try the below step and let us know if the upgrade from 4.0.0 -> 4.0.1 works afterward, you can run the following copy command and restart the service. 

cp /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/app/apiserver/common/updater.so /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/app/apiserver/

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PetrMai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I´am also not able to upgrade 4.0.0 (previously upgraded from 3.5.2) to 4.0.1.
I tried online and offline method but both ends with 4.0.0 after the appliance was restarted.

In the update log there is no error.

0 Kudos
Penobscot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same problem here.

0 Kudos
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please share SHD support log bundle for further analysis, you can collect the SHD log bundle from SHD client UI directly by 
Settings -> Help & Support -> Support Bundle.

0 Kudos
anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please try the below step and let us know if the upgrade from 4.0.0 -> 4.0.1 works afterward, you can run the following copy command and restart the service. 

cp /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/app/apiserver/common/updater.so /opt/vmware-shd/vmware-shd/app/apiserver/

Penobscot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Penobscot_0-1695641477629.png

anshumansingh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks @Penobscot  for the quick confirmation on WA for upgrade from 4.0.0 -> 4.0.1 

0 Kudos
arbyfourohfive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This worked for me as well -- thank you !

arbyfourohfive_0-1695654879589.png

0 Kudos