Contributor

website

vmware cloud can host a website?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware aren't a website hosting company like GoDaddy.

VMware have partnerships with thousands of cloud providers, in very simple terms those cloud providers make instances of vSphere available to their customers - what operating systems, services, and applications their customers use is up to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mayabhai
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Vmware Cloud team,

I want to Deploy my website on Vmware Cloud But What is your server application to install a applications like WordPress and Question2Asnwers platforms like cPanel.

I have 2 Websites

First website hosted on WordPress - https://shinshon.com/

Second website hosted on Question2Answer - https://qnaxp.com/

Is your Vmware Cloud supports both WordPress and Question2Answer and How do I can install it on your server. Please guide me. Is your employees can help me directly via customer support.

0 Kudos
RobinHarmsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@mayabhai 
VMware cloud is not able to host websites (WordPess / Question2Answer) for you.

You really need to look into a webhoster for that.

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

VMware cloud is a virtualisation in cloud. It doesnt host the web sites. When you will there provide a WEB sites you need to install there an VM (virtualised operating system) where you can there create a web sites hosting.

For this you need to also have an server OS installed in teh VM like Win Server or any Linux.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
ezbg
Contributor
Contributor

VMware is not a WebHoster.

0 Kudos